The first-of-its kind light-adaptive contact lens. Proudly offered at Complete Eye Care, Inc.
Are you bothered by light? In the presence of bright light, do you shade your eyes, turn off lights, squint, or turn down screen brightness? If the answer is yes to any of these, then you can benefit from Acuvue Oasys with Transitions.
- Less squinting when subjected to bright light.
- Helps eyes recover up to 5 seconds faster when subjected to bright light.
- Reduces halos and starbursts at night.
- How will the lenses look on my eyes?
- The lenses become darker when activated by UV and/or HEV light. They were specifically designed to provide patient benefits while minimizing the change to the appearance of the eye. While outdoors, the level of activation is always changing in response to the light, so in most situations the lens isn’t in the darkest state. These lenses also fade back to clear quickly when you come inside.
- Can I wear these lenses while I’m driving?
- Yes, these lenses can be work while driving — during the day or night. While photochromic lenses react to UV light, car windshields block nearly 100% of UV light. It is important to note that Acuvue Oasys with Transitions are not a replacement for sunglasses, but they can be worn with non-prescription sunglasses.
- Do I still need to wear sunglasses when I wear Acuvue Oasys with Transitions?
- Yes. While these lenses do provide UV protection to the areas they cover, other parts of the eye and surrounding areas are still exposed to UV light. For that reason, Acuvue Oasys with Transitions is not intended as a replacement for sunglasses. The lenses can be worn with nonprescription sunglasses and should be considered a part of a total light management suite of solutions.
- Do the lenses work indoors?
- Yes. Acuvue Oasys with Transitions is always on, whether indoors or outdoors. The lenses are designed to adapt automatically — becoming lighter or darker — in response to changing light. Even in their clearest state, they are filtering light.
- How long does it take the lenses to activate? How long does it take to fade back?
- The lens activates in less than a minute, and quickly fades from dark to clear within 90 seconds when going outdoors to indoors.