We are pleased to be able to offer telemedicine (video) visits.
Some important information to keep in mind:
- The video technology will not be the same as an in-person examination, and there are limitations to the care we are able to provide. For example, we cannot check glasses or contact lens prescriptions
- Your visit may not be with your usual doctor
- Telemedicine is not an emergency service, and in the event of an emergency, you should call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room
- This service is available to both new and existing patients
Procedure for scheduling a telemedicine exam
- Call the office at 314-395-9613 and leave a message. We will be returning calls to interested patients several times during the day.
- We will set up a time for your visit and send you a message by e-mail with further instructions
- Visits will be conducted through the doxy.me website.
- You do not need to download anything to use this site
- Camera and microphone will be required. We prefer that you use your smartphone to initiate the visit as we may ask you to move the camera close to your eyes
- Please try to be ready a few minutes before your appointment time. If your doctor is not on-line at your scheduled time, please wait and they will join you shortly
- Because these are considered medical visits with a doctor, your insurance will be billed for the service. If your telemedicine visit turns into an office visit at Complete Eye Care Inc, then you will only be billed once for both services.
Symptoms and findings that may be addressed by telemedicine include but are not limited to:
- Dry or irritated eyes
- Red eyes
- Ocular discomfort
- Blurred vision (although we will not be able to check prescriptions for glasses or contacts)
- Issues related to the use of a current prescription for eye drops